Reliving the Deliciousness of Soul Kitchen with Simone Austin
Chicken and Tofu Rice Paper Rolls
With the Living Healthy Report 2023 showing that Australians are only purchasing 2.6 serves of the recommended 5 serves of vegetables a day, what better way to get some of your vegetable serves in than with our Chicken and Tofu rice paper roll recipe.
Rice paper rolls are healthy, full of fresh ingredients and are a delicious way to get your veggie intake. For a dipping sauce, we’ve made our own chilli sauce from scratch and added coriander and basil to amp up the fragrance and freshness that gives this dish its distinct flavour. A great recipe for summer entertaining.
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 15 min
For the filling:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup low FODMAP stock
- 200g chicken breast
- 150g firm tofu, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 10 long green beans, finely sliced on a sharp diagonal
- 50g vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 1 packet round rice paper sheets
- extra virgin olive oil, drizzle
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Place the water and stock in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Add chicken breast and poach for 12 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked, remove chicken from liquid and set aside to cool before shredding into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook tofu until golden.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, tofu, carrot, lettuce, beans and vermicelli noodles.
- Place one rice paper sheet in a dish of warm water until just softened. Be careful not to let them get too soft – they should be soft, but firm enough to handle. Carefully place the rice paper sheet on a board. board. Spoon a large dessert spoon into the centre of the sheet. Fold the side closest to you over the mixture, then fold in the other sides and roll to enclose the filling. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Prepare dipping sauce by placing all ingredients in a small bowl and stirring to combine.
- Serve rice paper rolls with dipping sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
|Per 100g||Per roll|