Chocolate banana bread
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 ½ cups gluten free flour
- ½ Nib + Noble Organic Drinking Chocolate
- 1 tsp baking power
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 ripe (spotty) bananas
- ½ cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup soy milk (or preferred)
- ½ tsp coconut sugar, for topping
- vegan chocolate chips for topping
- drizzle of Nib + Noble Organic Chocolate sauce for topping to serve
- Pre-heat your oven to 190ºC.
- Mix the ground flax seeds and water together. Allow it sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine the flour, drinking chocolate, baking powder and salt. Stir mixture until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mash the ripe bananas until they form a purée. Then add the vanilla extract, melted vegan butter, soy milk, coconut sugar, rice malt syrup and the flax seed mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients and carefully fold together until just combined, do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 4 inch greased bread pan. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar and place vegan chocolate chips
- Bake the bread at 190ºC for approximately 50-55 mins. Stick a long skewer in the centre to check if it’s done. It should come out relatively clean when the bread has cooked. Once removed from the oven, allow bread to cool out of the pan on a rack before cutting.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on top to serve (optional)
Recipe by Wholesome Foodie