Cabot Health Recipes
Courtesy of Sydney MBS special guest Dr. Sandra Cabot, Cabot Health have provided us with some easy and healthy recipes.
Fig and Walnut Overnight Oats
Not only are these overnight oats delicious, they are also packed with protein and B vitamins to fuel you throughout the morning and they are made in advance so you can take them with you on the go.
• ½ cup rolled oats
• 4 tbsp chia seeds
• ½ cup walnuts, chopped
• 2 scoops Ultimate Superfood powder
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut yoghurt
• Dash water
• Pinch cinnamon
• 1 tbsp honey
• 2 figs diced + 2 sliced for topping.
• Optional: 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
1. Divide ingredients evenly between two jars and stir. Top with remaining figs.
2. Cover and allow to set overnight.
Gut Loving Juice
Rich in glutamine, pectin, antioxidants and probiotic fibres, this juice will help to heal the gut lining and promote healthy gut flora.
• 1 apple
• 2 sticks celery
• Handful mint leaves
• 1 medium carrot
• 1 cup sprouts
• 3 large cabbage leaves
• 1 scoop Ultimate Gut Cleanse
1. Wash, trim and chop vegetables and place through the juicer.
2. Pour into a glass, add scoop of Ultimate Gut Cleanse powder and stir.
No-bake Granola Bars
Store-bought granola bars are usually packed with sugar and other undesirable ingredients. These home-made granola bars utilise whole foods ingredients and serve as a quick and healthy snack to eat on the go.
• ½ cup oats
• ¾ cup almond butter
• ½ cup almond meal
• 1 cup chopped nuts and seeds
• ¼ cup chia seeds
• ½ cup dried cranberries or sultanas
• ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
• 3 tbsp. natural honey
• 8 scoops Ultimate Superfood powder
1. Grease or line a small slice tray.
2. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Use hands to combine mixture. If mixture is too dry, add in additional coconut oil.
3. Transfer mixture to the slice tray, pressing down firmly and evenly.
4. Allow to set in fridge for 2 hours and then cut into bars.
Superfood Bliss Balls
Packed with protein, healthy fats and antioxidants, these bliss balls will curb your 3.30pm cravings and support healthy immune function.
Serves: Makes about 20 balls
•¾ cup mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, brazil nuts)
• ¼ cup Ultimate Superfood powder
• ¼ cup chia seeds
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• ½ cup desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
• 1 cup goji berries
• Pinch of sea salt
1. In a food processer, blend the dry ingredients together (nuts, Ultimate Superfood powder, chia seeds, sea salt and desiccated coconut) until nuts are broken into small pieces, and set aside.
2. Blend coconut oil, vanilla essence and goji berries together.
3. Add the dry ingredients back into the food processor and combine with the wet ingredients until all are well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a dash of water.
4. Roll into small balls and then roll in the coconut to coat.
5. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Visit Cabot Health at the Sydney October MBS Festival at Stand A64 and also hear Dr. Sandra Cabot speak in the Seminar Room.