Breathing with Clarity in a Changing World
We can survive without food for up to 3 weeks.
We can survive without water for up to 3 days.
But we cannot survive without fresh air for much longer than 3 minutes.
Breathing is the most important thing we can do for our immediate survival. If we do not breathe correctly our body does not operate at its highest level. Breathing is more important than we think, so lets learn a little more about it.
Our lungs are one of the largest organs that assist elimination of toxins through respiration. Our lung also draws in much needed oxygen for cellular function and vitality. Lungs are one of the most important parts of our immune system with a surface area of 130+ square meters that is exposed directly to the environment. Our lungs exchange directly with the outside world, so our immune system is always challenged.
As humans have changed the environmental landscape, there is a greater need to support our lungs to be clear and clean so they can do their job at the highest level. But most are oblivious to this fact!
There are many ways to improve your breathing and open your airways to allow a greater amount of air to enter your lungs and reduce pressure on your immune system.
Here are 5 ways to help clear and clean your lungs:
- Controlled Coughing – Coughing is the body’s way of naturally expelling toxins trapped in mucus. Controlled coughing loosens excess mucus in the lungs, sending it out through the airways.
- Drain Mucus from the Lungs – Postural drainage involves lying in different positions to use gravity to remove mucus from the lungs. This practice may improve breathing and help treat or prevent lung infections.
- Green Tea – Green tea contains antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation in the lungs. These compounds may even protect lung tissue from the harmful effects of pollutants.
- Anti-inflammatory foods – Inflammation of the airways can make breathing difficult and cause the chest to feel heavy and congested. Eating anti-inflammatory foods may reduce inflammation.
- Salt Therapy – By breathing in finely ground pharmaceutical salt, it allows the lungs to passively loosen mucus and open the airways more naturally. Salt Therapy may assist the immune system to work more effectively.
Being more aware of your breathing will give you a better quality of life, so choose to breath well!
Salt Therapy Systems