Veggie Patties are an easy addition when trying to cut down on meat or celebrate meat-free Monday. Serve with a side salad with hummus or chutney.
★ 2 sweet potatoes (chopped)
★ ½ cup grated carrot
★ ½ cup grated beetroot
★ ½ cup grated zucchini
★ ½ cup finely chopped broccoli
★ A handful of chopped continental parsley and basil
★ Pinch of salt and pepper
★ 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Heat a large pot of water over a high heat and bring to the boil. Steam chopped sweet potato and cook until soft.
- Add to a large bowl: steamed sweet potato, grated carrot, grated beetroot, ½ cup grated zucchini, finely chopped broccoli, continental parsley and basil, salt & pepper.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- Roll combined mixture into approximately 15 palm-sized patties and flatten slightly.
- Fry or bake patties until heated through before serving.