Cleansing your space, yourself and your crystals of negative energies.
The act of burning herbs is common to many cultures throughout the world and commonly associated with Native American traditions. This intentional act is believed to harness the spirit of sacred plants to cleanse a person, space or object of negative energies.
By repeating your intention in the form of an affirmation, mantra or prayer, either aloud or in your mind throughout the ritual, you can shift the energy to release negativity and manifest positive changes.
Smudging can be incorporated into your full moon ritual, daily ritual or as often as you feel is needed. When you feel sluggish, energetically drained, feel bad vibes or negative energy emitting from an object or space or even your aura it is time to smudge and bring a clean, energetic state.
White Sage is considered a sacred, purifying and protective plant. Sage emits negative ions and our aura holds positive ions so through the smudging process we can neutralise our aura or the energy of other spaces and objects to cleanse and renew.
Palo Santo translates to ‘holy wood’, has a long history of use by the native people of South America as an essential tool in sacred rituals for its energetic cleansing and healing properties. The smoke provides an uplifting scent that calms the mind and raises your vibration in preparation for meditation, providing a deeper spiritual connection.
Selenite is a cleansing and calming crystal that provides protection from negative energy and creates a safe and quiet space with a peaceful atmosphere. Cleanse and recharge your crystals by placing them on top of a piece of selenite or gently sweep away negative energy and blockages by gliding a selenite wand from your crown to your feet.
Abalone Shells are used to rest your smudge stick before, during and after your cleansing ritual. The shell represents the ‘water’ element of a 4-element ritual; ‘fire’ being the smouldering smudge stick, ‘air’ the rising smoke and ‘earth’ the ashes.
- Be in a well-ventilated area, to allow the negative energy and smoke to escape.
- Have your intentions in mind that you will say or focus on during the ceremony. NOTE: It is important to smudge yourself prior to smudging other bodies or spaces.
- Light the tip of your smudge stick and allow it to burn then blow out the flame and allow it to smoulder and smoke.
- As you perform your cleansing ritual repeat your intentions either aloud or in your mind, staying focused on the movement of the smoke and welcoming the shift of energy.
- Move the smouldering stick around allowing the smoke to engulf the space or object of your focus. Allow the aromatic benefits to bring peace and clarity throughout your ritual along with positive energy and good feelings.
- You can continue to blow the glowing embers to extend your ritual, otherwise when you’re finished extinguish the tip in your abalone shell filled with sand or soil.